For the marinade:
- Really good drizzle of lemon myrtle olive oil
- Really good drizzle of bush tomato balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3cm fresh ginger, crushed
- 1 fresh chilli, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle of bush honey if you like a sweet stir-fry
For the rest:
- 500-600grams wallaby steaks
- 3 carrots cut into long strips
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 bunch of broccolini or any seasonal vegetables
- Slice the wallaby meat into long thin strips.
- Combine marinade ingredients and mix in the meat, cover with cling film and leave overnight or for at least a few hours refrigerated for best results.
- Leave the marinated wallaby meat at room temperature for least an hour before
- cooking. Cook the wallaby strips in a hot non-stick pan, turning it the entire time for about 2-3 minutes max; less if you like it rare.
- Remove from the pan and set aside. Now add all chopped vegetables to the pan and another drizzle of the lemon myrtle oil and tomato balsamic.
- Be adventurous and add more or less of each ingredient depending on your tastes.
- Serve with rice or noodles.